Autor Nachricht
Gehe zu:  
Chocomonster
Sleepy Monsters Team
Sleepy Monsters Team

BeitragVerfasst am: 23.11.2022, 18:48    Titel:

Hi,
regarding ski settings you need to ask some better player than me Smile
I can just tell you that by using the jump suppression key, you will also increase the edges for a short duration, but not the agility.

I can't tell you anything about the next season because even I do not know yet. Ultimately, this game is published by the Austrian Tourist Office and they will decide about future features and content. I can forward feedback and ideas, but generally it will be better to mail them directly.

Regarding tracks, this game is (as you probably know) based on Alpine Arena. While you can not win any prizes there, Alpine Arena has numerous skiing areas and hundreds of tracks, as well as a track editor. Its also a lot easier for me to implement new feature requests in Alpine Arena. Smile

Cheers

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Chocomonster ist derzeit offline
Domino
Mitglied
Mitglied

BeitragVerfasst am: 06.12.2022, 11:31    Titel:

Hi Chocomonster,
I have a few questions for you :
1. When you are on the homepage and click on the podium icon, the competitions already finished (Zillertal Highrace, Nassfeld and... Der Weiber Ring are displayed, with the latter one showing the dates from the 2nd to the 5th of December.
However, when you look down (to the right of Nassfeld, where it says Lech Zûrs Arlberg), the dates above (7-10 dec) are for the competition of Der Weiber Ring again ! I competed during the 1st week of December and was ranked. So is this a new competition on the same track or is it a bug ?
2. When you click on the triangular icon (on the top right), you end up on the top 10 rankings of the race, which is fine. But when I click on the filter, then on "route", I can see four tracks : Gastein, Ötscher, Schladming and Zillertal (!) but, so far, we have raced in Zillertal, Nassfeld and Der Weiber Ring (by the way, where is the last one located ?). So, will Gastein, Ötscher and Schladming be coming up soon ?
3. I am not sure if it is a bug but when I click on any keyboard key of my PC, nothing happens to my skier !
I have to click on the mouse for the skier to start... Do you have the same "problem" ?

Thank you again for your answers.

Cheers.

@spastard : beside seeing you competing under a different pseudo (dratsaps"), I saw someone named "Joseppe" (but with 2 "p"). Do you think it is the same player who was on top of the leaderboard in earlier versions of the Ski Challenge ?
Dieser Beitrag wurde insgesamt 2 mal geändert. Zuletzt von Domino am 06.12.2022, 14:43.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Domino ist derzeit offline
killerbees19
Administrator & Rennleitung

BeitragVerfasst am: 06.12.2022, 12:09    Titel:

@Domino: Seems like the track selection is from the previous season. These 4 tracks are from ASG22 last year.

"Der Weiße Ring" is located at Arlberg. (Lech Zürs)

btw: The German letter ẞ/ß looks like a B/b but it's a S/s, correctly replaced with SS/ss. Very Happy
Dieser Beitrag wurde insgesamt 2 mal geändert. Zuletzt von killerbees19 am 06.12.2022, 12:14.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen killerbees19 ist derzeit offline
Chocomonster
Sleepy Monsters Team
Sleepy Monsters Team

BeitragVerfasst am: 06.12.2022, 12:14    Titel:

Hi Domino,

Domino hat Folgendes geschrieben:

1. When you are on the homepage and click on the podium icon, the competitions already finished (Zillertal Highrace, Nassfeld and... Der Weiber Ring are displayed, with the latter one showing the dates from the 2nd to the 5th of December.
However, when you look down (to the right of Nassfeld, where it says Lech Zûrs Arlberg), the dates above (7-10 dec) are for the competition of Der Weiber Ring again ! I competed during the 1st week of December and was ranked. So is this a new competition on the same track or is it a bug ?

Hm, if you mean the date at the bottom of the large box with the picture of the three skiers, then its the date of the "Almdudler Challenge". It will take place on the Zillertal track. There are only three tracks in the game, so all further competitions will happen on one of them.
Sorry if I misunderstood you and you mean something else. Feel free to correct me.

2. When you click on the triangular icon (on the top right), you end up on the top 10 rankings of the race, which is fine. But when I click on the filter, then on "route", I can see four tracks : Gastein, Ötscher, Schladming and Zillertal (!) but, so far, we have raced in Zillertal, Nassfeld and Der Weiber Ring. So, forgive me if I am not a geography expert, but where are Gastein, Ötscher and Schladming ?

You found a Bug Smile
These names are from the last years' tracks. I will check back with the Austrian Tourist Office/Österreichwerbung about fixing it, as its not in the game but part of the Website.

3. I am not sure if it is a bug but when I click on any keyboard key of my PC, nothing happens to my skier !
I have to click on the mouse for the skier to start... Do you have the same "problem" ?

I just tried again to be sure and it works for me. Does this always happen for you? I can only imagine the game window/browser tab loosing focus for some reason. Maybe you have a browser plugin that could be the cause here?
Please send me a PM with some details (Browser version, operating system, eventually antivirus/security software, browser plugins you are using). I will try to reproduce the issue.

Cheers,
Udo

killerbees19

BeitragVerfasst am: 06.12.2022, 12:16    Titel:

btw, @Chocomonster: Wie lange wird man die ASG heuer eigentlich spielen können?

Gibt es ein offizielles Abschaltdatum? Smile
Dieser Beitrag wurde insgesamt 1 mal geändert. Zuletzt von killerbees19 am 06.12.2022, 12:17.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen killerbees19 ist derzeit offline
Domino
Mitglied
Mitglied

BeitragVerfasst am: 06.12.2022, 15:19    Titel:

Hi Chocomonster,
The three competitions, already over (Zillertal Highrace, Nassfeld and Der Weibe Ring) are showing up when you click on the podium (on top, to the left of the envelope) : sorry if I did not make myself clear.

Thanks for the update about tomorrow's competition on the Zillertal track again (Almdudler Challenge)...

As for the bug on my keyboard, I will have to check again tomorrow because it seems that it only occurs in... practice mode, but not in competition (go figure it out...) !
I am playing using Microsoft Edge (version 108.0.1462.42 (Version officielle) (64 bits), without any plugin that I am aware of), and Microsoft Defender as my antivirus.

By the way, I think I know the answer already but is there any way to play previous ASG versions ?

On another subject, I am having a hard time playing Alpine Arena as, most of the time, my skier gets stuck as soon as I start playing. Even though I got the game from Microsoft, I have to click on the "Optain" box every time to open the Microsoft store before seeing the "Play" option. And when I click on it, I can see the tracks but when I play, it stops after a couple of seconds !

After doing CTRL, ALT, DEL to access Task manager and closing down the game, I start again and, 9 times out of 10, the same thing happens... Is there any way to bypass clicking on the Microsoft store every time ?

Thanks for your answers.

Cheers.

P.S. Thank you Killerbees19 for locating Der Steibe Ring for me ! And, belated congratulations on your time at Beaver Creek, with some... unusual ski settings !

spastard
Topfahrer
Topfahrer

BeitragVerfasst am: 06.12.2022, 22:20    Titel:

@spastard : beside seeing you competing under a different pseudo (dratsaps"), I saw someone named "Joseppe" (but with 2 "p"). Do you think it is the same player who was on top of the leaderboard in earlier versions of the Ski Challenge ?

i don't think it is him (Andy), because he would be in the top3 or could even win the game. Laughing
somehow I did not get the motivation to play a lot this year. I don't like the new physics so there is not much fun.
Dieser Beitrag wurde insgesamt 1 mal geändert. Zuletzt von spastard am 06.12.2022, 22:21.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen spastard ist derzeit offline
Chocomonster
Sleepy Monsters Team
Sleepy Monsters Team

BeitragVerfasst am: 07.12.2022, 10:15    Titel:

Hi,

killerbees19 hat Folgendes geschrieben:
btw, @Chocomonster: Wie lange wird man die ASG heuer eigentlich spielen können?

Gibt es ein offizielles Abschaltdatum? Smile

die ASG wird auf jeden Fall so lange laufen wie letztes Jahr. Ein offizielles Abschaltdatum gibts noch nicht, wird sicher auf der Homepage stehen wenn es näher rückt.
2 Benutzer haben sich für diesen Beitrag bedankt.
Chocomonster
Sleepy Monsters Team
Sleepy Monsters Team

BeitragVerfasst am: 07.12.2022, 10:50    Titel:

Hi,

As for the bug on my keyboard, I will have to check again tomorrow because it seems that it only occurs in... practice mode, but not in competition (go figure it out...) !
I am playing using Microsoft Edge (version 108.0.1462.42 (Version officielle) (64 bits), without any plugin that I am aware of), and Microsoft Defender as my antivirus.

By the way, I think I know the answer already but is there any way to play previous ASG versions ?

I am afraid there is no easy way to go back to a previous Version of the game, sorry. To be absolutely sure, I just tried again with the edge browser and had no problem to start by pressing a keyboard key.
Does this also happen when you start again after pressing 'r'?

On another subject, I am having a hard time playing Alpine Arena as, most of the time, my skier gets stuck as soon as I start playing. Even though I got the game from Microsoft, I have to click on the "Optain" box every time to open the Microsoft store before seeing the "Play" option. And when I click on it, I can see the tracks but when I play, it stops after a couple of seconds !

After doing CTRL, ALT, DEL to access Task manager and closing down the game, I start again and, 9 times out of 10, the same thing happens... Is there any way to bypass clicking on the Microsoft store every time ?

Oh, this doesn't sound good! Normally you should only need to click on the icon of the game in the start menu. What happens when you do that? Some weeks ago there was an issue with the Microsoft Store displaying a license error, but that was fixed by MS within a day.
When the game freezes, is there any error message displayed?
It sounds like you might have an issue with the MS Appstore. You could try the steps on this Website, starting with "1. Reset the Microsoft Store cache":
https://windowsreport.com/acquiring-license-error-windows-store/

Of course, it could also be a bug in Alpine Arena. I will try to look into it.

Cheers,
Udo

Domino
Mitglied
Mitglied

BeitragVerfasst am: 07.12.2022, 19:01    Titel:

Hi Udo,
I competed in Zillertal again, this afternoon, and had no luck trying to move my skier with any keyboard key ! Once again, I had to do it with the mouse but, now that I know how to start, it's no big deal but I still wonder why it works for you and not for me...
And no luck either with Alpine Arena : my skier can barely reach the first gate before the game freezes again ! I don't have any error message at all and the only way out (without rebooting my PC) is to end the task in the task manager window.
By the way, I am getting the game through the Microsoft store, not the MS Appstore !

Cheers.

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen Gehe zu Seite Zurück 1, 2

Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht teilnehmen.
Du kannst dich in diesem Forum bei Benutzern nicht bedanken.
Du kannst Dateien in diesem Forum nicht hochladen.
Du kannst Dateien in diesem Forum nicht herunterladen.

Verwendete Zeitzone: CET (Europe/Berlin)
Aktuelles Datum & Uhrzeit: 28.03.2024, 10:31
Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional
Valid CSS!

Hosted by netcup

[ happytec.at | blog.happytec.at | forum.happytec.at | esports.happytec.at ]